Skip to content
Home » Faq


How do I apply for a license in Arkansas?
(1). Complete application, sign and include appropriate license fee. (2). Include a copy of your current CDR card. Mail all to P.O. Box 1016, No. Little Rock, AR 72115

How do I verify licensure and what does it cost?
Send list of name(s) to Board for verification. There is no fee for this service.

How long is the license valid?
All licenses expire November 30th of every year.

How will I know when it is time to renew my license?
The expiration date is printed on the license(Nov. 30 of current year). All licensees will be sent a renewal notice at least 60 days prior to expiration to the most current address on file.

What happens if I do not receive a renewal letter in the mail?
It is the responsibility of every licensee to notify the Board of any address changes within 30 days. Failure to receive a renewal notice shall not relieve the licensee of the obligation to renew the license. You may contact the Board office to have another renewal application sent to you.

I live in another state-do I have to be licensed in Arkansas?
Yes, if you are practicing for more than one-hundred-eighty(180) consecutive working days. See Act 392 as posted on this website for additional information.

What should I do if I have a name or address change?
It is the responsibility of every licensee to notify the board of any name or address change within 30 days of the effective date of the change. For name changes, you must submit a copy of marriage license verifying the name change. Address changes may be done by mailing or faxing a letter with the updated information. Our fax number is (501)843-0878.

If my license is lost or stolen can I have it replaced?
You may send a written request for a replacement. There is a $25 replacement fee.

How are non-RD’s eligible for licensure?
Only through provisional licensure – waiting to pass the registration exam administered by CDR.

Is provisional licensure still an appropriate option?
• Yes, because an RD Eligible person has two chances to pass the exam, as stated in Act 392 (with a satisfactory explanation for the applicant’s failure to become registered.)
• Provisional licensees can practice only under the supervision of a dietitian licensed in this state.

Who should be licensed and what consequences are there for Registered Dietitians who are not licensed?
• This depends on what your employer requires. The Act exempts any dietitian employed by a hospital or LTC facility licensed by the State Dept. of Health or DHS…provided that person’s practice of dietetics is related to their employment.
• All others practicing dietetics are required to be licensed.
• Most hospitals require licensure.
• Many insurance companies use licensure as a standard for reimbursement of dietitians’ services, so employers naturally want their dietetics staff to be licensed. The Executive Secretary of ADLB regularly receives calls from employers verifying LD status.

What fields are included/excluded from licensure?
• Please see the Act (posted on this website) as it spells out whom. Exemptions are basically for teachers, physicians, nurses, etc. who could be determined as “practicing dietetics” in their daily professional lives.
• In addition, RD eligible dietitians who did not have RD status were grandfathered in as LD’s ONLY the first year the Act was in place. These few people are LD’s but not RD’s.

How do I report a complaint against a licensed individual?
Within 30 days of alleged violation, submit completed complaint form & return to Board.

If I do report someone for illegally or inappropriately using the term “dietitian”, I understand that I must sign my complaint. However, can the Licensing Board maintain my identity as confidential? (The person I’m reporting will not know who reported them?)
• No, the person complained against receives a copy of the complaint.
• The ADLB can also investigate someone on it’s own, but only through the Attorney General’s office.